Monday 6 May 2013

Urban Outfitters Packaging



This brief consisted of designing a range of packaging for a chosen brand. I leaned towards Urban Outfitters as I believe I can relate well with the brand as it it is young, modern and on trend with todays markets. I believe my outcome has worked well for many reasons however there is defiantly room for improvement in some areas. I stuck with one of the previous colour schemes Urban Outfitters have used themselves based on how vibrant and attractive they are, as well as considering the design to be unisex. I worked with the colour in some areas to emphasise certain elements and to create a simple pattern. The colours have defiantly worked well to set a theme and made each outcome look well suited as a set. I really like the textured background I went for this style based on making the design look recyclable and environmentally friendly, as well as resemble the real life materials that would be used if this design was to be taking further. I went on with the tissue paper and the stickers to show the importance of safety when packing a product and the business card was just a extra as a little hand out to receive with a purchase. However I believe my disadvantages are the legibility of the design some of the edges have proven to look rough and distorted when close up. I believe I have came to this problem because maybe I chose the wrong programme to work in and because I have lacked confidence in some  areas. I see where my mistakes lie and simple tweaks would be easy if necessary in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment