Monday 6 May 2013

The Body Shop Packaging




This brief was to create a packaging range for The Body Shop, however I was not giving a specific product which I liked as the brief was more open and helped me focus on something I would defiantly be interested in and still show potential. I decided on designing packaging for a perfume / body spray with complimentary tags. Firstly I thought about what kind of pattern would suit a perfume bottle as a whole but would look completely different when given a different name each and colour each time. Nothing better than a floral pattern as flowers suggest sweet and nice smelling just what I am aiming for . I then sat down and though a lot about how I could create a theme with the name generation and I decided to associate each name with a different country and give a explanation describing not only the scent but the country and include this information on the supporting swing tag. I done so using the shape toll a lot again by creating a basic shape and adding extrude and bevel as a 3D effect to create a bottle shape which will also benefit on the lid also. Along the way colour choices where very important but where not necessary until I could see each on in situation. Eventually creating the floral pattern was simple but tricky to make sure each petal was perfect, by adding blending modes to this area really played on the colours creating extra effect giving a range of lighter and darker tones. This technique also worked on the brand logo very effective. The names where added with a choice of font and the idea came together, especially when the tags are displayed next to each one as a explanation love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment